Monday, June 15, 2009
Thing 5 Image Generator
This was really fun. I enjoyed going through all the different images. It was very difficult to choose just one to post. Library applications? The main application that I could see was using the image generator for library promotion/publicity efforts. The problem would be copyright issues. Can you print these images on bookmarks, posters, etc? Would you have to pay a fee? I noticed that all of the images on Image Chef contain the website address, so I am assuming that anything posted or printed out would have to contain the address. I don't know that I would want to use things that had website addresses on them for posters or bookmarks. Perhaps if you could make the web address very small. There might also be rules regarding this type of stuff with a Library's municipal government. If the library is part of the city government, they may have rules about posting images or using images on a city web page. If your library is governed by a Board of Trustees you may not have to follow city regulations. I guess you could perhaps use it as "web only" publicity. You could also do a great program or run an online contest where patrons create a library related image and then the best ones are posted on the library website. Again, I think this would make a great teen program/contest once the copyright issues and any city regulations were clear. Here is my image:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that is one scar admonition... what happens if I don't go? :)
ReplyDeleteI guess you must suffer the same fate as the bloody hand.:)
ReplyDelete