The main benefit to libraries that I saw with the mashups was as a publicity tool. Using library images, a library could make their own cool posters, or a library calendar. You could have some really cool library programs where you ask patrons to create a mashup that the library could use. For example, create a "return your materials on time" poster. Since everything is digital, you could post the chosen mashup on the library web site as well as print out the posters and hang throughout the library. I think you could have some really cool teen programs with this idea. It's very interactive(hello, Library 2.0!)and I think would really appeal to that difficult to engage high school group. The teens would see their work being used by the library and everybody wins. You could do a "Celebrity Read" poster campaign and have the celebrities write their own funny captions for their poster. There are lots of ideas that you could do.
We were asked to create a few mashups of our own, so here they are. I used the famous "caption maker" for this one:

Here is one I made with my favorite mashup tool "the Warholizer":
No comments:
Post a Comment